Wednesday, June 13, 2012

DIY: African Print Shorts & Bangles

This summer it's all about doing it yourself. From shorts to shoes to hats to jewelry, DIY is now in. I mean it's always been a do for me, but more people are catching on to the wave. I've had a couple of projects lined up for the summer in my DIY itinerary and I proudly bring you the first. I am a fan of incorporating African fabric into my home projects and these shorts as well as bangles I created are the first of many.




Items used:
-pair of shorts
-african fabric or fabric of your choice
-glue gun
-fabric glue
-scissors
-sewing kit or sewing machine - which ever's easier for you
-wooden bangles

The key to achieving this look is sewing the fabric onto the shorts. Using a glue gun or fabric glue to apply the fabric will not give you a long lasting result. In other woods, once you throw the shorts in the washer, the fabric will come right up.

I will be selling these shorts like these with other prints on my Etsy shop soon so I can't wait ! You can also email me @obiseluj1@gmail.com if interested !


Smooches !!

No comments:

Post a Comment