Monday, October 18, 2010

" I love my hair"


As a young black female, I can honestly say I feel pressured to conform to society's standards----- well sometimes. I'm very particular when it comes to my hair which is my I often rock sew-ins or braids. Why?? Because it's easy to maintain and looks nice. I cut all my hair off 2 years ago and since then have been growing out my hair natural. My hair is now longer than it was before I cut, healthier, very rich and thick. The only problem is, it's hard to maintain in its natural state, which is why I hardly ever wear it out. Why am I babbling about this? Well recently Sesame Street showed a video on their show about women embracing their hair. I watched the video and it really spoke to me. Many young women, kids and adults alike have let their hair define who they are which shouldn't be. The hair on our head doesn't make us, we make the hair!! So her's the video alongside with some pics !! enjoy and leave a comment the video is really cute and funny!!! "I love my hair" -Sesame Street


sorry about the pics...idk why it uploaded sideways -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment