Friday, November 2, 2012

Nas X Lauryn Hill Concert

On Halloween night I had the chance to go to the Nas & Lauryn Hill concert that was at Bayou Place in Houston Texas as a pre-birthday gift. The concert was great. Jhene Aiko was the opening act, followed by Nas who did his thing on stage. Im not really a Nas fan but I did enjoy his set. Some of my favorites he performed were off his "Life is Good" album which dropped earlier this year, were "Bye Baby", "Cherry Wine", and "Daughters". He finally ended his bomb set with "One Mic", which happens to be my favorite song from him. After his set, we had to wait like what seemed like forever for Lauryn to grace us with her presence on stage. I really enjoyed her set although it seemed like she rushed some of the songs she sang and I would've enjoyed some of her songs to be original instead of straight live with the band and all the hoorah. Lauryn Hill also debuted her new spoken word song, "Black Rage" which was beautiful. I'm pretty sure you guys will hear it soon if you haven't already. Overall I had a fun time with my girls and wish I would've had time to take a lot more pictures. But enjoy the ones I did manage to take !

p.s. I loveeddddddd Lauryn's outfit. Will be recreating it soon as a DIY project ! :)











My emergency outfit, but it worked out :) 












No comments:

Post a Comment